The benefits of cooking slower and longer are the tissues break down in the meat, combined with the right ingredients this one pot wonder will give you that deep flavour and rich texture.
Slow-cooker Paprika Chicken
Published on July 14, 2017 | By appetite4thewild |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 rindless bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 2 tsp smoky paprika
- 1 large red capsicum chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 500g Dolmio red wine and Italian herb pasta sauce
- ½ cup medium grain white rice
- 150g green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in large non stick pan. Cook chicken in batches until brown all over. Transfer to bowl of the slow cooker.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion, bacon and capsicum and lightly brown. Add garlic and paprika to pan and cook stiring until fragrant. Transfer to slow cooker bowl.
- Add pasta sauce and stock to slow cooker stirring until all ingredients are combined. Season with salt and cracked pepper.
- Place lid on cooker and simmer on low for 2hrs.
- Increase heat to high and add rice stir until well combined. Cook for a further 50 minutes.
- Remove lid, add beans and cook for a further 10 minutes.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org