Slow cooked food is a comforting sight, rich in flavour and when the lid is lifted from the casserole dish the aroma is the reward of winter.
Braised Lamb Shanks
Published on May 12, 2017 | By appetite4thewild |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 lamb shanks
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 x 400g tin whole peeled tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 4 large cloves garlic crushed
- 1 eggplant peeled and diced
- 2 shallots sliced
- 1 cup red wine (shiraz)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 sprigs of rosemary chopped
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- Pre heat oven to 120 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in heat resistant casserole dish over medium heat and cook shanks until brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Add shallots, garlic and rosemary to dish and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Return lamb shanks to casserole dish.
- Stir in tomatoes, egg plant, wine, water and bay leaves. Bring to boil.
- Cover and cook in preheated oven for 3 hours. Baste shanks with barbecue sauce every hour.
- Garnish with extra rosemary sprigs to serve
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org