Rich in tomato flavours these well seasoned meatballs are a delight served on creamy mashed potato.
Camp Oven Porcupine Meatballs
Published on August 8, 2018 | By appetite4thewild |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 kg beef mince
- 2 x 420g tins tomato soup
- ¾ cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 700 ml Passata sauce
- 4 tsp chicken stock powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoky paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1 large onion grated
- 2 sticks celery finely diced
- 1 tbsp, finely chopped basil
- 1 cup water
- In a large bowl combine beef mince, eggs, rice, chicken stock powder, garlic powder, smoky paprika and grated onion. Shape into 13 meatballs.
- Pour tomato soup, tomato passata into an 8 litre camp oven. Use water to rinse out the tomato soup cans and passata bottle and add to oven. Add celery and basil, stir to combine and bring sauce to a simmer on the camp fire.
- Add meat balls to sauce and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of mashed potato and garnish with basil.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org