This is an ideal sauce to use on any seafood dish and it’s as easy as adding extra lime juice to the sauce to make a Thai style salad dressing.
Chilli and Mango sauce
Published on February 26, 2018 | By appetite4thewild |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 10 long red chilli’s
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cups white sugar
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 2 pairs Kaffir lime leaves finely sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 Honey Gold mango cheeks finely diced (see above photo)
- Deseed chillies and finely chop.
- Slice the mango cheeks from either side of the seed. Hold the cheek in the palm of your hand and slice vertically avoiding cutting through the mango skin, create checkered patterns 5mm square.
- Scoop the flesh from the mango cheek with a desert spoon 5mm deep to achieve similar size pieces.
- Place all ingredients into the slow cooker and turn onto low, cook for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bowl from slow cooker, place bowl on a cutting board for 30minutes to allow sauce to slowly cool.
- Bottle Chilli and mango sauce.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
E-Mail : email@example.com