This caramelised goat curry is like other braised dishes easy to make and tastes delicious served in a bowl on rice. We cook this curry in our 11” camp oven on the stove top or you can also cook this rendang in the camp oven over an open fire.
Indonesian Goat Rendang
Published on August 8, 2017 | By appetite4thewild |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 700g chevron(goat) cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 tbsp rice oil
- 1/3 cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 stalks lemon grass (bruised)
- 4 slices galangal
- ¼ cup kecap manis
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp dark palm sugar
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pot and fry the Thai curry paste for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chevron, lemongrass and galangal until meat is sealed all over.
- Add the water and simmer gently for 40 minutes.
- Remove lemon grass stalks and galangal.
- Add the coconut cream, palm sugar, kecap manis and simmer for another 40-50 minutes until the meat is tender and the sauce is thick and sticky.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org