This is an old favourite recipe of my mums. We love cooking this winter warmer especially made from meaty pork shin and rib bones that we have cured and smoked ourselves.
Pea and Ham Soup
Published on May 24, 2019 | By appetite4thewild |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 bacon hock
- 250g McKenzies yellow split peas
- 2 potatoes chopped
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- ½ sugar loaf cabbage finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- Add bacon hock and split peas to a 6-litre slow cooker and ¾ fill with water. Cook on high for three hours.
- Take the bacon hock out of the slow cooker. Remove the outer skin and any excess fat from the hock.
- Peel the meat from the bone.
- Add remaining ingredients and meat off the bone into the slow cooker. Reduce heat to low and simmer for a further three hours.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
E-Mail : email@example.com