An easy dipping sauce to complement the goyza’s is to combine 1tbsp of rice wine vinegar and 1tbsp soy sauce in a small bowl to serve.
Published on May 9, 2017 | By appetite4thewild |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 pkts of Gow Gee pastry (30 pieces per pkt)
- Half a small cabbage
- 300g peeled and deviened green prawns
- 30g ginger finely grated
- 30g garlic finely grated
- 2 tbsp Megachef oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 150ml water
- Chop cabbage finely in the blender.
- Blend green prawns.
- Place cabbage, chopped green prawns, ginger, garlic, oyster sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce to the mixing bowl and combine all ingredients with fingertips until the mixture is bound into a smooth consistency.
- Place a piece of Gow Gee pastry in the palm of your hand.
- Scoop a level teaspoon of mixture from the bowl and place in the centre of the round piece of pastry.
- Place the water in a bowl and wet your finger and wipe around the edge of half the pastry. (this seals the edges of the pastry
- Fold the pasty in half and pinch the edges to seal in the filling. Put three pleats around the edges to present the goyza nicely.
- Continue the process until you have used all the mixture.
- Cooking the Goyza
- Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a non stick pan and cook goyza pleated side up. Cook until golden on the bottom.
- Pour 150ml boiling water into the pan and quickly place clear lid on top. Simmer on low to steam goyzas until water has evaporated or pastry has changed to a clearer colour.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
E-Mail : email@example.com