Quinoa and spinach are a couple of super foods, when combined they make an irresistible and healthy cheesy tart.
Quinoa and Spinach Cheesy Tart
Published on May 9, 2017 | By appetite4thewild |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 250g baby spinach leaves washed
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250g tub sour cream
- 50g prosciutto chopped
- Fresh thyme sprigs to garnish
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Quinoa Base
- 1 cup red quinoa
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Grease and line base of a 24 cm round flan tray with baking paper.
- To make base, cook red quinoa according to cooking method on the packet and add a chicken stock cube to the water when boiling.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Cool. Stir in cheese and egg. Using wet fingers press firmly over base and up the side of flan tray.
- Cook in hot oven on 200C for about 20minutes, or until the quinoa starts to slightly brown.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring until onion becomes transparent.
- Add spinach and nutmeg. Cook until spinach wilts. Place in a bowl. Cool. Discard any excess liquid.
- Spread spinach mixture over quinoa base and cover with prosciutto. Whisk eggs and sour cream in jug and pour over prosciutto.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Cook in a moderate oven 180C for about 35 minutes, or until set and golden brown. Remove from oven and allow tart to stand for 15minutes.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
E-Mail : email@example.com