The combination of rabbit, the bitterness of the beer is matched by the sweetness of onion and carrots. This dish celebrates the onset of cooler weather. Chicken and pork are also great substitutes for this dish.
Rabbit in Honey Wheat Beer Sauce
Published on March 29, 2018 | By appetite4thewild |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 rabbit legs, 1.3kg
- 500ml honey wheat beer
- 8 small shallot onions, peeled
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 large carrots, cut into 3cm portions
- 2 tbsp butter
- 300ml double cream
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- Dust the rabbit legs in flour. Heat 2 tbsp butter in an “11”camp oven, add the rabbit and cook until golden. Remove the legs and set aside.
- Add leek to the camp oven and lightly sauté.
- Pour in beer, add sugar, onion, carrot, rabbit legs, bay leaf, celery, salt and pepper. Place lid on oven and simmer over low heat for 100 minutes.
- Mix the egg yolks, cream, cornflour and wholegrain mustard in a bowl and add to oven stirring over low heat until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with a side plate of green vegetables.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
E-Mail : email@example.com