This is a prawn dish that combines the wonderful flavours of coconut, lime, ginger and chilli and goes dreamily with the nutty taste of black rice.
Red Curry Prawns on Black Rice
Published on May 24, 2019 | By appetite4thewild |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 24 large green prawns
- 2 cups Pandaroo black rice
- 2 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tsp grated ginger
- 1 Tsp grated palm sugar
- 1 Tsp fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 4 pairs kaffir lime leaves finely sliced and roughly chopped.
- 1 large red chilli finely sliced to garnish
- 1 kaffir lime leaf finely sliced
- 1Tbsp lime juice
- Cook Pandaroo rice as packet instructions.
- Heat pan to medium. Add butter and cook prawns for a minute on either side.
- Remove prawns from pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low, add curry paste, grated ginger and gently fry until aromatic.
- Add coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, palm sugar, fish sauce and bring to boil.
- Return prawns to pan and stir through lime juice.
- Place black rice on serving plate. Arrange prawns on rice, pour over sauce and garnish with strips of red chilli and slithers of kaffir lime leaves.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org