Turkey is high on the menu selection for a Christmas roast but this delectable alternative is sure to tempt you to break the tradition this year.
Rosella glazed duck
Published on December 7, 2017 | By appetite4thewild |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 large duck
- Rosella glaze
- 1 cup rosella jam
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey caramelized balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Mango stuffing
- 1 ½ cups mango chutney
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 medium onion
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- To make stuffing. Finely chop onion. Combine mango chutney onion and egg in a large bowl.
- Pull apart each slice of bread into small portions and add to mixture. Add water and combined using your fingertips, this will form a soft but not soggy stuffing.
- Remove excess fat from around the ducks rear cavity. Fill the duck with stuffing. Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Place duck in a large oven bag, put on a rack in a baking tray and place in oven. Cook for 2 hours.
- In a saucepan combine all the rosella glaze ingredients and mix well. Simmer the mixture until it thickens to make the sauce.
- Take the duck out of the oven and remove from the oven bag. Place duck back on oven tray and baste duck generously with rosella glaze every 10 minutes for the next half an hour.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org