This rich meatloaf recipe is stuffed full of savoury, delicious ingredients. Serve this loaf with mashed potatoes and fresh greens. A complete comfort food menu.
Smoky Barbecue Meatloaf
Published on March 27, 2017 | By appetite4thewild |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 5oog beef mince
- 500g pork sausages
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 golden shallot
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 6 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup smoky barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp brown vinegar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp coffee
- Remove sausages from skins and discard skins
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix with your finger tips until all combined.
- Put mixture into a non stick loaf tin and press meatloaf mixture down until firm.
- Gently remove loaf from the tin to keep the meatloaf in shape.
- Pre heat oven to 170 degrees. Place meatloaf in a heatproof dish large enough so there is room to baste the loaf with the sauce. Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan combine sauce ingredients and bring to a simmer on the stove top.
- Remove smoky meatloaf from the oven and tip off excess juice or fat that is in the bottom of the dish. Pour sauce over the meat loaf and baste and return to oven reducing the heat to 150 degrees.
- Cook for a further 45 minutes basting every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with fresh garden vegetables.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org