One of grandma’s homemade delights that we once used to cook together on the crown wooden fired stove when tomatoes where plentiful in the garden.
Published on September 23, 2019 | By appetite4thewild |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 800g cherry tomatoes
- 200g capsicum, diced small
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1tbsp keens curry powder
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 lime
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Put tomatoes in slow cooker. Add capsicum, shallots, sugar, vinegar, chilli flakes, wholegrain mustard, ginger and cook on low for 3 hours stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid, use a masher to break down the tomatoes. Add curry powder and juice of one lime.
- Mix cornflour in a dish with enough water to make a paste. Add to slow cooker and stir to thicken the tomato relish. Put lid back on the slow cooker and simmer for another hour.
- Remove pot from slow cooker and allow to stand and slightly cool.
- Sterilise jars in hot water. Spoon tomato relish into warm jars and fill. Turn jars upside down for 1 minute and then upright to seal jars. Allow to completely cool.
- Serve with cured meats, crackers, cheese or a side to a breakfast dish.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
E-Mail : email@example.com