An English style chutney that is wonderful served with steak, used as a topper for hamburgers and sandwiches or served with cheese and savory biscuit nibbles.
Published on September 23, 2019 | By appetite4thewild |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 litres brown malt vinegar
- 850g treacle
- 275ml bottle oyster sauce
- 1 cup sultanas
- 3 royal gala apples, finely diced
- 2 chokos, finely diced
- 2 medium brown onions, finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, crushed
- 10 cloves, ground
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped finely
- 6 tbsp cornflour
- 27.5 grams Moulin green peppercorns
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Add vinegar, treacle, oyster sauce, sultanas, apples, chokos, onions, ginger, salt, garlic, cloves, basil and green peppercorns to slow cooker. Stir all ingredients to combine and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Stir pot and turn slow cooker to low setting and cook for a further 3 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Mix cornflour in a bowl with enough water to make a paste. Add to slow cooker and stir to thicken chutney. Put lid back on the slow cooker and simmer for another hour.
- Remove pot from slow cooker and allow to stand and slightly cool.
- Sterilise jars in hot water. Spoon Worcestershire chutney into warm jars and fill. Turn jars upside down for 1 minute and then upright to seal jars. Allow to completely cool.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
E-Mail : email@example.com